Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

All that Ends.

I am not a movie buff. I can count the number of movies I have seen on well my fingers. Batman is , something I am least amused by- was never fond of the comic book, never watched a single movie (I that is amusing or shocking or makes you shake your head in wonder/disgust, thats just too bad for you :P). I just have this mental block against movies in general and action/ superhero/ horror ones in particular. But recently, I came across the below dialogue in a friend's blog - one that I really enjoy reading and often wonder if I have written those myself. These lines couldnt fit better. They define a part of my life, one i got detatched to long time ago. An end that I had accepted and moved on from, But when i read these lines, I could only wish I had read them earlier. Maybe I really should watch movies. ;). Neverthless, the real point is, here is my perfect end-


Batman
: You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I get to lose things. Because I'm not a hero. Not like Dent. I killed those people. That's what I can be.

Gordon: No, no, you can't! You're not --

Batman: I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be. Call it in.

Gordon: They'll hunt you.

Batman: You'll hunt me. You won't get me. Send the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.


Gordon's Kid: Batman! Batman! Why is he running, dad?

Gordon: Because we have to chase him.

Gordon's Kid: He didn't do anything wrong.

Gordon: 
Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not afraid to move. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

The End 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh God!! You know these were my favorite lines in the movie!! I know it is just like the perfect ending... Im not into batman either.. bt you should really see The Dark Knight.. its a brilliant movie esp, the end!! It tells you alot... there is also that last conversation between Batman and Joker that too stands out!! You should watch it sometime ;)!!